Once you've opened Crosstabs for your project, run the crosstab of your choosing to view the crosstab screen shown here:
Click on a link to jump to that section.
- 1: Crosstabs Menu
- 2: Quick Split
- 3: Edit Crosstab
- 4: Configure Settings
- 5: Filters
- 6: Segment Summary
- 7: Crosstabs
1: Crosstabs Menu
The secondary menu provides actions specific to setting up crosstabs and interacting with report options. "All Crosstabs" takes you back to the entry screen with all of your saved crosstabs.
The "Actions" menu contains the following:
- Create New Crosstab: Build a custom crosstab from scratch. Create multiple segments off of one question, create nested logic, and preview the segments (or drag and drop to rearrange them) before running the crosstab.
- Create Saved Report: Create a custom collection of tables and charts using the tables you pinned to your whiteboard.
- Create Table from Banner: Add a new table based on segments in your report.
- Create Custom Table: Add a new table with a custom configuration.
- View Whiteboard: Allows you to view your whiteboard, which contains tables that have been pinned.
- Pin All Favorites: Allows you to quickly pin all of your favorite tables to your whiteboard.
- Upload Weighting Scheme: Upload weight values per respondent matched to any unique survey variable (e.g., source, UUID).
- New Weighting Scheme: Create and apply a new weighting scheme directly within Crosstabs using a RIM weighting variable.
- Chart Options: Allows you to view and edit the chart options, including the data values and color palette.
- Turn All Grid Tables On: Allows you to show or hide grid tables (from 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional radio/checkbox/select questions) that do not use hottext.
- Reset All Tables To Default: Revert all changes made to report tables and charts through the Crosstabs table editor.
Resetting tables to default requires reporting:edit permissions.
1.2: View Options
The "View Options" menu contains the following:
- Show/Hide QA Codes: The QA codes are shown in green and signify a specific question type, question attribute or survey attribute. Click here for a complete list and description of each QA code.
- Show/Hide Tables with No Respondents: Allows you to show or hide any table that has zero completes.
- Show/Hide Download Data Values: Allows you to view or hide the data values.
- Show/Hide Unweighted Total Count: If you are applying weights, you may choose to show or hide the unweighted total row in your tables.
Watch the View Options video
Duration: 2:01 minutes
Offers the export and download options for Crosstabs:
- Export Crosstabs: Export the applied crosstab run into a number of native formats.
- Download Raw Data: Download the raw data in a popular format, including Excel, SPSS 16+, Fixed-Width, Tab-Delimited or OE Data in Excel.
- Download Data: Open the data export options to download the raw data, or select/create a data layout.
2: Quick Split
Lists the chosen crosstab and allows you to quickly run a different crosstab. Select Total Frequency, Quick Split by Question, or run a saved crosstab.
3: Edit Crosstab
Allows you to edit the crosstab configuration. Click here to learn more.
4: Configure Settings
Beyond establishing the segment criteria for crosstabs, there are a number of other settings you can apply in the settings. These settings all affect the basing of the tables, that is, which populations should be included in the crosstab runs. Click here to learn more.
Quickly filter by a date range or apply an additional filter based on segments from a previously saved report.
6: Segment Summary
Displays the total for each defined segment. To learn more about creating a crosstab with segments, click here.
Scroll through the tables generated from your crosstab configuration. Click here for more details.