The alert center lets you manage alert notifications that you've set up in the survey builder. Click here to learn how to set up an alert element.
1: Accessing the Alert Center
If you received the alert email, click "View Case in Alert Center".
From the research hub, locate your project and access the project controls menu by clicking on the menu icon located next to the project name. Then select "Alert Center", in the "Report" section.
Access levels for the Alert Center:
- Company Supervisors have unrestricted access
- Users with "Edit" permission for the project have unrestricted access
- Users with "View" permission for the project may view and edit cases
An alert may be further restricted to a list of specific users. This is done by editing the alert from the Alert Center and adding users under "Alert accessible by". An alert restricted by a list of users may only be seen by those users, Company Supervisors and users with "Edit" permission for the project.
The alert center currently does not track quota alerts set up in the field report.
- Project Alert Summary: Lists the number of new, open and closed cases for the project.
- Edit Alert: Click on the edit icon to make changes to the alert, explained in full below.
- Search: Filter the list further by searching by survey content within the alerts or a respondent's UUID.
- Case ID: The number assigned to the alert when the condition is met. Click on a case ID to enter information about the case.
- Alert Name (Only visible if multiple alerts exist for the project): The name/subject line given to the alert.
- Filter the list by "All Alerts" or select an alert name.
- Status: The current status -
- New: An open case that has not be updated by anyone yet.
- Open: An open case that has been edited.
- Closed: Someone has addressed the case and closed it.
- Alert Date: The date the alert was first created (i.e., when the alert condition was met).
- Last Updated: The date the case was last updated.
- Owner: The email address of the person assigned as "owner" of the case.
2.1: Addressing Cases
To address an alert case, click on the Case ID to open the window shown below.
1. Case Information: Including the project name, case name and number, and a link to view all of the respondent's survey answers.
2. Survey Content (Only shown if set up in the alert element): The survey content shared through the alert element.
3. Status: Change the status of the case (i.e., open or closed).
4. Owner: Change the owner of the case. This can be the user who set up the alert element, or any user. Just enter a valid email address.
5. Action(s) Taken: Enter the action taken and press "Enter".
6. Notes: Enter notes about the case.
7. Update Case: Click here to save your notes and update the case.
8. History: The history of actions taken for the case.
2.2: Editing an Alert
To edit an existing alert from the alerts center, click on the edit icon in the summary.
1. Alert Name: Edit the name of the alert. This is used as the subject line of the email.
2. Send email notifications to: Enter a properly formatted email address for each recipient of the alert.
3. From: Enter a properly formatted email address for the sender of the alert. By default your username will appear here.
4. Alerts accessible by: Allows you to restrict accessibility to the alert to only those users listed here. By default all users with report access (report.edit) may access, as well as company supervisors.
5. Message: The body of the email is entered here. The body of the email can utilize the pipe tool, allowing you to pipe question answers into the message body. This pipe variable will generate a clickable link in the email that will let a recipient of the notification get more information about the respondent.
6. Send a Reminder: Check this box to send a reminder email. Choose the number of days of inactivity before the reminder is sent out.
7. Include Survey Content: Select a question(s) to include in the email. Click in the field to add a new question(s).
8. Include link to respondent's survey results: Check this box to include a link to the respondent's answers to all questions in the survey.
9. Update Alert: Click here to save changes made to the alert.