The Panelist Activity Report is an advanced reporting tool that can be used to create new report definitions and manage existing ones. The columns of the report list are sortable.
The following options are available when viewing existing reports:
1. Generate: This will start the generation of the report using the selected configuration. Report generation happens in the background. See here for more information about the differences between aggregate and non-aggregate type reports.
2. Edit: Click this to edit the selected report configuration.
3. Copy: Click to copy the selected report configuration.
4. Delete: This will delete the report configuration. This can not be undone.
Creating and Editing Reports
Your user account must have panel edit privileges to complete this task.
Click the "CREATE NEW" button at the top of the Panelist Activity Report page to create a new report, or click the "Edit" button next to an existing report name to edit it. The panelist activity report definition menu will appear, where you can configure your report name, type, and scope:
Reports can be either "Aggregate" or "Non-Aggregate". Click into the drop-down menu to select a report type:
Aggregate reports provide activity statistics on individual panelists (like how many surveys they've been invited to and how many they have taken, etc.). Reports of this type include the following columns:
|Panelist||The panelist identifier|
|# Surveys invited||The number of surveys that the panelist has been invited to|
|# Surveys started||The number of surveys the panelist has started|
|# Surveys completed||The number of surveys completed by the panelist|
|# Surveys profile term'd||The number of times the panelist was quota terminated|
|Response rate||Number of surveys invited vs started|
|Completion rate||Number of surveys completed vs invited|
|Quota term rate||Number of surveys quota terminated vs invited|
|Profile term rate||Number of surveys profile terminated vs invited|
|# of Community login‡||Number of times the panelist successfully signed into the community|
|First Community login*‡||First time the panelist logged in during the selected time frame|
|Last Community login*‡||Last time the panelist logged in during the selected time frame|
|Join date*†||The panelist's join date|
|Source*†‡||Name of the recruitment source|
|First survey start time*||The point in time when the panelist started their first survey (disregarding the final status)|
|Last survey start time*||The last time the panelist started a survey (disregarding the final status)|
|First survey invite time*||The first time the panelist was invited to take a survey|
|Last survey invite time*||The last time the panelist was invited to take a survey|
|Time unsubscribed*†‡||If the panelist opted out, this will show the time when that happened|
|Time blacklisted*†‡||If the panelist was blacklisted, this will show the time when that happened|
|Time referred*†‡||If the panelist was referred by another panelist, this will show the time when that happened|
|Last time points earned*‡||The last time the panelist earned points. This includes points from registering, referring other panelists, taking surveys, and administrative points|
|Time last Q/P termed*||The last time the panelist took a survey and was quota or profile terminated|
|# Surveys Q/P/C*||The number of times a panelist finished taking a survey (either as a profile, quota term or complete)|
|# Panelist referred*‡||The total number of panelists that were referred by this panelist (regardless of whether or not they ended up signing up)|
* Denotes an optional column
† Values in this column are NOT limited by the selected data range
‡ Values in this column are NOT affected by project limits
Non-aggregate reports include detailed activity information about all panelists and their survey history. Reports of this type include the following columns:
|Panelist||The panelist identifier|
|Project ID||The ID of the project that the panelist participated in|
|Project Name||The name of the project that the panelist participated in|
|Status||The status of the participation (invited, started, profile, quota, completed)|
|Points||The number of points that were given out for that participation|
|Invited Time||When the invitation was sent to the panelist|
|Last Modified Time||The last time the session was modified, this can be the time when the session was started (for started status) or the time when the session was finished|
|Project Category||If the project was assigned to a category, it will be shown in this column|
|Project Client||If the project has a client assigned to it, it is shown here|
The scope of a report consists of the projects it covers, the date range for the data you'd like to view, and any saved filters you'd like to apply:
1. Projects: Use this selection to limit the scope of the report to individual projects. Selecting no projects will include all of them.
2. Date range: Use the date pickers to select the time frame you wish to look at. The selected dates are inclusive, meaning selecting January 1st to January 15th will include all of January 1st and 15th. The maximum allowed time range is one year.
3. Filter selection: Filters are a useful tool to keep your reports manageable. For aggregate reports without a filter, your report will include one row per panelist. For non-aggregate based reports it will be one row per activity (worst case: rows = number of panelists * number of projects).
It is highly recommended to use filters for these reports as the resulting report files tend to get very large on active panels.