Screencast-O-Matic is a third party screen capture tool that allows participants to record their screens, capture audio and webcam video simultaneously. All recordings are saved directly to the participants computer and can be uploaded to studyspace either through the online workspace or mobile application.
*Note: Screencast-O-matic does not work on mobile devices.
- Begin by clicking the Screen Tracking link in your assignment. You will be taken to a page like this:
- Please click "Download launcher" to begin installing the recorder.
- Once downloaded you should see the recorder displayed in the bottom left of your browser. Please left click this download:
- This will bring up a security window. Please click "Run"
- This will prompt the software to install. Once complete you should see a window with this message:
- You should now go back to the page where you downloaded the launcher and click "Try again"
***Note: if you do this step you can skip the first step of "Running Screencast-O-matic after install"***
Running Screencast-O-Matic after install:
- Click "Start Recorder"
- This will open a window asking if you would like to proceed. Please click "Launch application"
- The recorder should now be running and your screen should look like this:
- Next, please follow these steps:
- Please select the "Both" option so that we can see you while you complete the activity.
- Click and drag the corners so that the recorder covers your entire screen.
- Click the red "Rec" button in the bottom left. There will be a countdown from 3 and then it will begin recording.
- Once you are finished recording, please click the "Pause" button:
- Next, click "Done"
- This will bring up a window asking how you would like to save the video. Please select "Save As Video File"
- At this point you may now edit the name and folder where this video will be saved. If you do not select a folder for the video, it will be saved to your desktop by default.
- Once you have saved the video you are now able to upload your video to the activity. Please be sure to upload it to the correct assignment within the Studyspace project.