To create a Concept Canvas activity, first you must navigate to the activity scheduler under Project Settings > Activities & Scheduling located on the project toolbar.
- Select "Concept Canvas" to create a Canvas activity. If that option is not available, Canvas activities aren't currently enabled for your project. Adding Concept Canvas activities is an additional charge, so please contact your sales representative for more details.
Once inside the activity builder, provide the following information to create your activity.
- Title - Give your activity a short but engaging title. This title will be visible to participants and can be up to 40 characters long.
- Instructions - The welcome message and general instructions participants see when they log into this activity for the first time. Click "preview" to get an idea of what it will look like for participants.
- Overdue Notice - Select the time after which the activity will appear as overdue to the participant.
- Description - Included for all pins is an open text box. The default prompt for the box is “why do you feel that way?”. You can change this by clicking “edit” and typing in your own prompt.
- Sentiment - When enabled, "sentiment" allows participants to choose between 3 emoticons (Bad, Meh, Good) to indicate their feelings. The default prompt for sentiment is "How does this feel?". You can change this by clicking "edit" and typing in your own prompt.
- Toggle - Use the toggle to enable or disable sentiment and/or labels.
- Labels - When enabled, "labels" allows you to create up to 12 labels that participants can attribute to their pins. The default prompt for labels is "How would you label this?". You can change this by clicking "edit" and typing in your own prompt.
- Pin Preview - At the bottom of the page is the pin preview that reflects, given the current settings, what the pin window will look like for participants.
- Upload Image - The image your participants will see for this activity. Images can be a maximum of 10 MB and a minimum of 600 pixels on any side. Accepted file types are PNG, JPG, and GIF. Avoid uploading images that include transparency as exported files may not be optimal.