There are two types of communication that can happen on an entry: comments and probes
1. Observer Comment: Comments an observer leaves on a post that only the research team can see. These appear in orange.
2. Moderator Comment/Probe: Comment made by the moderator to the participant. This comment can be seen by the participant, the research team, and other participants in social activities. It appears as yellow.
3. Participant Comment: Comments made by participants appear as white.
4. Probe: At the bottom of the comment box a moderator has the ability to indicate that the comment they are writing requires a reply effectively making it a probe.
5. Probe Filters: Letting the system know which comments are probes is important as it allows you to see all probes or focus on answered or unanswered probes.